Van Hoecke was founded by Luc Van Hoecke, because he was keen to satisfy the needs of his customers. With his own company, he could serve them better and faster. This philosophy lives on even today. Customer focus, speed and innovation are a focal point in our organisation and the drivers behind our growth.
Continuity across the generations is our absolute priority. For this reason, we wish to take care of those who are close to our family business. This can range from contributing to a healthy environment in Sint-Niklaas, supporting colleagues, helping customers to work more efficiently or ensuring transparent communication with our partners. These elements are all important to us.
‘Hello’ symbolises this focus on positive growth and our dialogue with all parties concerned.
For us, responsible business means creating well-being for everybody. That means: for our customers, colleagues, the community and our partners. By entering into dialogue with these parties, we can understand what is important and how we can contribute to their well-being. Our four stakeholders can also be found in the symbol used in all communication. We symbolise the dialogue with them by using four colours, whereby each one represents a different stakeholder.
We aim to grow together, as a company and customer. Targeted initiatives help us to determine our course, based on market information. We believe in partnership; working together to build a personal, honest and long-term customer relationship. We are keen to invest time in really getting to know each other. The knowledge we share in this way, allows us to adapt our services to your specific needs.
But we also like to go a step further. We look beyond business processes and aim to make our customers' lives as easy as possible: our mission is to achieve zero friction! We offer customers time, by saving their time in collaborating with us. We want to work together in developing new products and services, so that these meet customer needs in an optimal way. This is how we invent smart systems and help each other to be successful.
- We do absolutely everything to give our customers the best support, and are guided by 'Extreme Customer Centricity'.
- We develop strong digital tools to maximise the convenience.
- A team of enthusiastic and committed employees provides the most appropriate solution in every situation.
- Our product range is carefully construed and focuses on top quality.
- We continuously strive for efficiency in our business processes. As such, we guarantee to deliver customised goods in 3 days.
- We eliminate every form of friction, from the order right through to after-sales care.
- We share our internal business knowledge with customers, to help them grow in difficult and unfamiliar domains.
- We reduce packaging waste to a minimum.
- We track customer needs and feedback closely, and use this to guide our decisions.
- Using the Van Hoecke Circle, we involve a group of customers to join in our strategic decision-making and share knowledge.
The day after tomorrow
- We provide an ultimate customer experience.
- Our services are personalised and proactive. We therefore minimise the effort required by our customers.
- Our customers feel involved and are delighted.
- Our customers are proud to be our partner.
- We succeed in saving our customers precious time in their collaboration with us. Thanks to highly efficient systems and personal communication.
We aim to grow together, as a company and colleague. We achieve this with self-steering teams and initiatives, whereby our employees help to define our direction. For over 10 years, we have been developing increasingly autonomous teams. Thanks to such self-management, our employees have a whole range of opportunities to optimise how they develop and grow in their jobs and careers. We believe it is important to treat each other with respect and speak clearly. Enthusiasm and sincerity are in our genes. We are keen to promote a healthy lifestyle, in order to boost mental and physical well-being.
But we also like to go a step further. By providing continuous training, by remaining open to dialogue. By helping employees to live a healthy life, by supporting them flexibly in their family situation, by welcoming volunteering in our community... in this way, we make an even bigger difference to the happiness of our employees.
- We are a value-driven and self-steering organisation.
- We focus great attention on the balance between work and home. Flexibility in working hours and workplaces are just a few of the many opportunities.
- Our colleagues can personalise a part of their salary package in the cafeteria plan. As such, we aim to personalise the rewards as much as we can.
- We organise and support different relaxing, sporty and team-building activities
- We invest intensively in pleasant and ergonomic workplaces and offices, which stimulate discussion.
- We build on organisation with networks, not silos.
- We increase our efforts in shared leadership and apply a number of sociocratic principles.
- Besides continuous training in products, processes and systems, we also use SPARK to maintain the soft skills of every employee. With this training and coaching project, our employees become skilled in communicating and offering feedback to one another.
- Our employees are actively involved in 5 different CONNECT groups, with the overarching objective ‘connecting people with one another and with the organisation”.
- The use of digital collaboration tools will be an integral part of our collaboration in the future.
The day after tomorrow
- All our employees have integrated our values, or work with them autonomously.
- Our employees see opportunities and challenges, and use them to grow.
- All our employees take their responsibility, are transparent in discussing tension, and communicate with other in the appropriate manner.
- Our employees are not only part of our organisation, they are also an active part of different networks.
- Our employees are physically and mentally healthy. Every colleague feels involved and valued.
We aim to grow together, as a company and community. A healthy community starts with our local community. Therefore, we aim to be actively involved in local initiatives, companies, schools, … supporting and uniting them. We like to give our employees the chance to participate in this.
We also take our responsibility for future generations. Therefore, we strive to make all our activities sustainable. For instance, we are FSC® (FSC-C101619) and PEFC™ (PEFC/07-31-266) certified. These international quality labels guarantee that the wood in our box systems comes from responsibly managed forests. Where possible, we use returnable packaging and noble packaging, and, with Blum, we have a strong partner, who has been working for decades to reduce the strain on the environment.
But we also like to go a step further. We wish to create happiness for people close to our company, but also to create opportunities for groups who are less privileged on the employment market or in society. In this way, we aim to create fundamental well-being in our local area. We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint. We are keen to pass on our knowledge to future generations, and give a second life to products or hardware that we no longer need ourselves. By being involved in the future of Sint-Niklaas, we wish to contribute to the greater well-being of people in our community.
- Since 2014, we have been buying 100% green energy. In recent years, we have already been producing our own renewable energy, with the help of a biomass installation and solar panels.
- We are actively involved in the school community, in training future professionals in the wood industry.
- Since 2019, we have been working on the Voka Sustainable Business Charter.
- We work together with the local customisation company W-Technics on various assignments.
- We support StandAUT. This organisation aims to give autistic children every opportunity in physical and creative enjoyment.
- We focus on a more sustainable fleet of vehicles, thanks to strong efforts in electrification. Using our cafeteria plan, we give our employees access to the best hybrid and electric vehicles.
- As from 2020, our annual carbon footprint is calculated to detect and reduce peaks.
- We help to improve local well-being by making an active contribution towards a better Sint-Niklaas, using initiatives and time from our colleagues.
- We team up with a local customisation company to create more positive impact together.
- Employees volunteer one day a year in the district of Sint-Niklaas.
The day after tomorrow
- All vehicles owned by employees and used for our professional activities are zero emission.
- Thanks to our high energy efficiency, we are successful in becoming carbon neutral.
- We compensate our carbon footprint by planting more nature in the Waasland district.
- Van Hoecke makes a sustainable difference to Sint-Niklaas and the surrounding areas to show gratitude for the opportunities and resources we have received.
- Every employee receives an annual donation sum to be given to a charity of their choice.
We aim to grow together, as a company and partner. We also aim to team up with suppliers in a long-term partnership. Therefore, we consciously choose partners who strive in achieving the same quality and philosophy. Sustainable partnerships help to create stability and valuable relationships. We favour local partners.
But we also like to go a step further. We make time for dialogue with our partners, to discuss how we can contribute more to their future. Can we create more stability? Working together to think of innovations, allowing us both to grow. And thinking together how to reduce the impact of our processes on the environment?
- We continue to strive for long-term partnerships.
- We believe that mutual loyalty and flexibility is very important.
- When choosing a new partner we opt for Belgian players.
- We showcase our trusted partner to help them grow.
- We establish a Code of conduct to ensure that our strategy and values are respected.
The day after tomorrow
- The transport used for incoming goods is zero-emission.
- We operate only with companies who satisfy a set of terms and conditions which are important to us.
- The goods are packed using a minimum of material, in order to create less waste.
- Our partners innovate more in areas which benefit the community.